TRA VINH NATURAL CONDITION
- The East borders East Sea
- The West borders Vinh Long province
- The South borders Soc Trang province
- The North borders Ben Tre province
- Natuaral area: 2.314 km2; the province is enclosed by Tien and Hau river with Cung Hau and Dinh An estuary. With coastline of 65km, waterway traffic develops.
Map of Mekong Delta
- Administrative divisions: a city and 7 districts: Tra Vinh city, Cang Long, Tieu Can, Cau Ke, Tra Cu, Chau Thanh, Cau Ngang and Duyen Hai district.
- Weather – Climate: locating in tropical area, climate is cool with average temperature of 26 – 270C and average humidity of 83-85%/year; average rainfall: 1.500mm. The province is rarely affected by storm and flood, so it is very favorable for production-business.
2. Natural resource
- Land area: 234.115 hectares, of which agricultural land: 185.868 hectares, forestry land: 6.745 hectares, specially used land: 12.880 hectare, rural land: 3.845 hectares, urban land: 566 hectares, unused land: 900 hectares, of which arenosol makes up 6.62%.
+ Forestry area: 6.745 hectares, along coast at Duyen Hai, Cau Ngang and Tra Cu district with trees like apple mangrove tree, mangrove, mangrove palm, date palm… warp area: 1.138 hectares.
+ Fishery farming area: 51.600 hectares( shrimp farming area: 29.000 hectares)
Main minrals are sand for industry and construction, including:
+ River sand: exploiting 60.000m3/year
+ Clay: Institute of Geoscience and Natuaral Resource proves that it meets construction requirement and can be used in construction material process industry. Natural source: 45.6 million m3.
+ Mineral water mine: meet national standard for mineral water with temperature of 38.50C; exploiting about 2.400m3/day at Long Toan commune, Duyen Hai district.